Some people learn by reading. Others learn by writing. Others learn by doing. And still others learn by speaking.
I learn by all four.
But, what I’ve learned over the years is that the best way for me to learn about myself is to answer questions from someone that I trust and who is also a good listener.
The deeper the question, and the more attentive the listener, the more I can speak freely and truly learn and understand who I am.
I had the pleasure of doing just that when I was interviewed by my dear friend Naomi Harrington, host of the That’s Deep Podcast.
Naomi is an empath, podcaster, and Internationally Board Certified Life Coach and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner, so you know she’s fantastic at asking questions and listening deeply.
In our convo, Naomi and I get deep about:
- Where I grew up in Southern California and how it shaped me
- My sun, moon, and rising signs and how they show up in my life
- My Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and why I feel like ENFJ and INFJ
- How when I became a full-time writer, I was paralyzed and could not write
- The key thing that helped me get out of the belly of the whale
- What inspired me to write Rebel Millionaire
- My Tarot Touchstones and how I create them
- Stepping into the wild unknown and more!
So, make yourself a nice drink and tune in to my convo with Naomi Harrington. This podcast is also available on Apple.
If our chat resonates with you, I encourage you to check out:
- Naomi’s Empath Empowerment Coaching Program and Empath Quizzes and follow her @naomicourtney.co
- More episodes of the That’s Deep Podcast
- Jas Hothi’s The INF Club for INFP & INFJ writers and creatives
- Cat Rose Neligan’s Creative Introvert astrological services
- Jenna Matlin’s intuitive tarot readings
- Naomi’s Angel Number Cheat Sheet Guide
Because of my background and how I grew up as sort of an outsider looking in, I have a lot of different parts to myself. I guess like, I think it’s Walt Whitman that said, “I contain multitudes,” which may sound a little arrogant, but I do feel that way that I have many, many layers that people only see one or two layers and usually it’s the one that they want to see or the one I want to present. — Peg Cheng
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.) — Walt Whitman, Song of Myself, 51
If you have any questions or comments for me or Naomi after listening to the show, post them below in the comments box and we’d be happy to respond.
Peg Cheng is the author of Rebel Millionaire, a guide for how to retire as a millionaire even if you make a modest income, and The Contenders, a novel that asks, can enemies become friends? She is also the proud owner of Plaid Frog Press with her husband Marcus Donner. Born in Southern California to Taiwanese parents, Peg currently lives in Seattle, Washington.
Naomi Harrington is an Internationally Board Certified Life and Success Coach and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner, an empath, a mother, and the host of the That’s Deep Podcast. She helps empaths set healthy boundaries in their relationships, manage energetic overwhelm, and release self-limiting beliefs. She currently lives in Kauai.
Peg’s photo by Marcus Donner.