I’m thrilled to be launching my writing career this year because this Fire Monkey Year is supposed to be a great year for taking risks. Like the playful and energetic nature of our furry friends, this year has the potential to be filled with lots of activity, movement, big strides, being inventive, and making things happen. It is also a year that will reward individual effort. Hooyeah!
With that, here are my writing goals for 2016.
- Write (outline, plan, revise, edit) for 2-3 hours a day, five days a week.
- Write one blog post per week, 48 weeks of the year.
- Write and publish my adult suspense novel, SEVEN DUDES.
- Write and publish my prelaw book, THE PRELAW GURU GUIDE TO APPLYING TO LAW SCHOOL.
- Write and publish my personal finance book for college students.
I think I’m definitely going to need the energy of the monkey to help me reach all these goals, but I’m not one to shy away from big goals. I’d rather aim for the moon and miss it by a few hundred miles, than just reach for a tree limb and get it. After all, one of my favorite quotes is this one by Picasso.
I am always doing things I can’t do, that’s how I get to do them. — Pablo Picasso
And with that, I leave you with this greeting that my family members give each other on the Chinese New Year.
Gong Xi Fa Cai! Wishing you prosperity and good fortune in the new year!
Photo by Epic Fireworks.
Free gift + never miss an essay
Subscribe to my newsletter and I'll send you two chapters from my novel, THE CONTENDERS! You'll also get my latest posts, writing tips, and notices of new books and events sent to your inbox once a month.